Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a thief.

When I first started teaching, I had to go to an induction program at the Intermediate Unit and during one of the sessions, we watched a video by Harry Wong called "The First Days of School." He also has a book that you can purchase here. Anyway, one of the things that he said that really stuck with me was that the BEST teachers are thieves. They beg, borrow, and steal ideas from other teachers they admire to better themselves. Well, I wouldn't call myself the best teacher or anywhere near it, but I definitely did try to steal things from people that I admire.

So now that I'm hard-core baking, I'm again becoming a thief! I have learned to beg, borrow, and steal, especially from other bloggers. I usually tweak recipes or take the cake from one person and frosting from another to make my own creations, but I don't believe in reinventing the wheel.

One of the BEST blogs that I absolutely fell in love with is Ice Cream Before Dinner. This girl can cook! I originally stole (yes, stole) her recipe for Pear Muffins with Gingersnap Crumble. But don't search her blog for those, because you'll then realize that mine, in comparison, are lame. I love this blog, and the owner has no idea.

Ice Cream Before Dinner is now hosting a contest to win one of their cupcake stands and I REALLY want to win! If there was voting involved, I would definitely ask you all to vote. Check out the blog and send her some virtual love on my behalf. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment