Friday, March 11, 2011

Sticks and Stones may Break My Bones...

But words can never hurt me? HA! What a bunch of hooie!

There have been some pretty nasty rumors flying about B and my family lately so I just want to clear them up.

No, Ben doesn't have something "seriously wrong" with him. He is a strong-willed baby who knows what he wants! The doctors say that's because he's so smart! I'm sure he's going to give me a run for my money for many years!

When I went back to work, Ben refused to drink from a bottle. He starved himself during the day, then wanted to eat all night. That meant we both weren't sleeping. He'd be up at least six (usually more like 10) times every night to eat and/or be held just to be close to me. It took it's tole on all three of us. A kept getting sick, B kept getting sick, and I was on the verge of a break-down. I stuck it out and worked for six weeks while getting only about 3 broken hours of sleep each night. I just couldn't continue doing that. It wasn't fair to my family and it wasn't fair to the kids in my room.

Think I'm weak? I'd like to see you try it! Go ahead and set your alarm clock to wake you up every 45 minutes. Set it on the loudest possible setting, and even better, try to find an alarm clock that makes baby screaming sounds. Now put the alarm clock right next to your head. After the alarm clock goes off, stay awake for 45 minutes before you lay back down. Pace the floors of your house during that time just for good measure. Now go back to sleep and repeat every 45 minutes for the rest of the night. Now continue doing this for months on end. Good luck!

I knew that having a baby would change my life. I did. I didn't expect to have a little angel that waltzed in and didn't change my world. I knew I'd be missing out on a lot of sleep and I'd probably not eat a hot meal for a long time and it would be hard to go places for a while with a carseat, diaper bag, etc. in tow. But I had no idea that it would make me more sensitive than I already was! My momma claws are out and they are sharp!

Gossip is so hurtful. Why do we take part in it? Let's all make a conscious effort to only say kind things about one another from now on because, after all, isn't that what God wants us to do?? Love your neighbor like yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment