Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let her eat CAKE!

Well... a gob, that is!

I've finally started re-introducing dairy into my diet now that B can tolerate it a little bit. Something happens when you become a mom and your own wants go out the window if it goes against what your child needs. For the last 3 1/2 months I've deprived myself of milk, butter, cheese, etc. and all foods that contain dairy. (Oh, pizza, how I've missed you!!) But hey, if it will keep B feeling good and not screaming, I'll go for the rest of my life with no dairy! I still haven't had any pizza, but on Friday (and Saturday!!) I ate a gob. And can I just tell you, I enjoyed every single bite. I think I even made sound effects to show how much I really enjoyed them. Soft, moist, rich red velvet cake with sweet and smooth cream cheese frosting. Mmmmmm....

I've been baking so much lately and I am SO thankful that I can finally dive right in and taste-test the goods! Strawberry shortcake muffins, chocolate chunk cookies, apple cinnamon bread, cinnamon chip scones... who's hungry?!

One of the things that I love most about baking is trying out new recipes. I've seen other people join groups with other bloggers working their way through a specific cookbook or cupcake recipes, etc. but for me, I want to leave my options open and not commit to just one cookbook or one category of baked good. So this week, I'm starting a challenge with..... myself!


B. Sweet Saturdays: This week I'm going to start something new. During the week, I'll choose a recipe and test it out at home. Then, I'll post a picture on here and on facebook along with the name of the treat, and I'll offer it for one day only- on Saturdays. If you want to taste-test the treat, respond to the post and I'll make you an order.  Then you can come pick yours up on the following Saturday! Fun, right?!

So, I'm off to find some inspiration. I'm thinking I might do something "chai" because I LOVE chai tea lattes. Mmmmm dairy!! <3 Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment